You are here
Home > Community > Inspired > Editors Choice

An interview with Oghenekaro Omu – Providing free sanitary aid for underprivileged girls in Nigeria

In a lot of developing countries, women and girls feel self-conscious when it comes to discussing pretty much anything related to menstruation. Young girls speak about sanitary hygiene only in relatively safe spaces. According to a 2016 UNICEF report, one in ten girls in Sub Saharan Africa misses school during her

Yellow Fever in Nigeria, 4 things you need to know

Lola writes for African Health Magazine: As a light skinned kid, a most common nickname I had was “Yellow Fever”. At the time, it didn’t really bother me because the “Yellow” part was what people in Nigeria equated light skin with. However, when I did learn about this disease, I realized

Interview: Tolulope Falowo speaks on CancerAware Nigeria

January 2018 is cervical cancer awareness month. As part of our efforts at African Health Magazine to increase awareness, we published an article on the 5 things you need to know about cervical cancer here. Also, we are aware of the efforts of some non-governmental public health organizations, so we decided

6 New Year resolutions in health and fitness

It is a New Year, welcome to 2018 guys. This also means it is time of for New Year resolutions. We all know how hard they are to keep and if you are like most adults, you have probably skipped a resolution half way through because you just couldn’t remain