Whether you face is clear or full of pimples, it’s nice to know that your skin has its own way of communicating with you. The Chinese practice of face mapping or ‘Mien Shiang’ is a way of reading the face and it’s taking over the Western dermatology world. Practitioners of face mapping believe that where your acne appears on your face is connected to another part of your body.
Doctors are charging big bucks to analyze your skin and give you insight into your overall health, but you can save yourself some time and cash. Use these tips to know what your skin may be trying to tell you.
- Meaning: Pimples on your forehead could be a sign of poor functioning of the digestive and liver systems.
- Solution: Drink plenty of water and get lots of rest. This will give your body a chance to revive itself. Eat less processed and junk food. Try incorporating digestive-friendly foods into your diet such as fruits, vegetables and grains. Reduce alcohol intake as well as dairy. Be wary of ingredients if you have food allergies, as this is often where you will see a reaction first.
- Meaning: Cheek blemishing is a sign of respiratory issues. This is often an area many smokers struggle with.
- Solution: Quit smoking, and stay away from people who are smoking. Cleaning the air in your home may also be something you need to consider. Try an air filtering system or more plants.
- Meaning: Blemishes in the nose area have been linked to heart health. When acne appears in this area, it is wise to make certain that blood pressure levels are under control.
- Solution: Decrease intake of spicy foods and meat. Get some fresh air. Re-evaluate your diet. Are you eating a lot of bad fats? Lower your cholesterol.
- Meaning: HORMONES! Jawline blemishes are usually a result of hormonal imbalance and stress.
- Solution: Rest, eat a balanced diet and consider the medications you may be on.
- Meaning: Not only are neck pimples painful, they are a serious sign that your body is fighting an oncoming illness.
- Solution: Increase your fluid intake and take vitamins to help strengthen your immune system.