Need a quick fix? Then try this recipe. It’s so simple and straightforward, and healthy too :0)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins cut into 1-inch pieces (marinated in pepper, salt, garlic and any other spice of your choice)
- 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetable mix (cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, green beans, etc)
- 1 chili pepper/atarodo
- 1 small onion
- 1 large green pepper finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup of rice (brown rice or cous cous to be extremely healthy)
- Heat oil in large wok. Add onions, then add seasoned chicken; cook over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add chili, red and green peppers and vegetables, then add soy sauce and honey.
- Cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centre and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, cook rice or cous cous. Serve stir-fry over rice
Note; you can use fresh veggies instead of frozen veggies. We used frozen veggies in this recipe because it’s supposed to be a quick fix and it’s easier to throw in a bag of frozen veggies into the mix. If you have the time to chop up fresh veggies, then I would highly recommend that.